Adding important and sought-after programs for the program to the list of those are launched by a machine at the start of the OS, on the one hand, a very useful thing, but on the other, it has a number of negative consequences. And the most unpleasant thing is that each added element in the bus station slows down the work of Windows Windows 10, which ultimately leads to the fact that the system begins terribly slowing down, especially when starting. Based on this, it is quite natural that the need to remove some applications from the autorun and establish the work of the PC.
See also: How to add to autoload in Windows 10
Removal from the autoload list
Consider some embodiments of the described task through third-party utilities, specialized software, as well as funds created by Microsoft.
Method 1: CCleaner
One of the most popular and simple options for excluding the program from the startup is the use of a simple Russian-language, and the main thing is the free CCleaner utility. This is a reliable and time-tested program, therefore it is worth considering the removal procedure by this method.
- Open CCleaner.
- In the main menu of the program, go to the section "Service" Where to choose a subsection "Autoload" .
- Click on the item you want to remove from autoload, and then click "Delete" .
- Confirm your actions by clicking "OK" .
Method 2: Aida64
AIDA64 is a paid software package (with a familiarization 30-day period), which, among other things, has in its composition tools to remove unnecessary applications from the car station. A rather convenient Russian-speaking interface and a varied useful functionality make this program worthy of attention of many users. Based on the many advantages of AIDA64, consider how you can solve the previously designated problem in this way.
- Open the application and in the main window find the section "Programs" .
- Deploy it and select item. "Autoload" .
- After building a list of applications in the autoload, click on the item you want to disconnect from the startup, and click "Delete" At the top of the AIDA64 program window.
Method 3: Chameleon Startup Manager
Another way to disable the previously enabled application is the use of Chameleon Startup Manager. Just like AIDA64, this is a paid program (with the ability to experience a temporary version of the product) with a convenient Russian-speaking interface. With it, you can also easily and easily fulfill the task.
Download Chameleon Startup Manager
- Main menu program Switch to mode "List" (For convenience) and click on the program or service that you want to exclude from the bus station.
- Press the button "Delete" From the context menu.
- Close the application, restart the PC and check the result.
Method 4: Autoruns
Autoruns is a pretty good utility presented by Microsoft SysiNternals. In her arsenal, there is also a function that allows you to remove software from autoload. The main advantages in relation to other programs is the free license and the lack of the need to install. Autoruns has its own minuses in the form of a confusing English-speaking interface. But still, for those who chose this option, we have a sequence of actions for seizing applications.
- Run autoruns.
- Click the tab "Logon" .
- Select the desired application or service and click on it.
- In the context menu, click on the item "Delete" .
It is worth noting that such a software (mainly with identical functionality) to remove applications from the startup quite a lot. Therefore, what program to use is already a matter of user's personal preferences.
Method 5: Task Manager
In the end, we consider how you can withdraw an application from autoloading, without using additional software, and applying only standard Windows Tools 10, in this case, the Task Manager.
- Open "Task Manager" . It can be easily done by simply by clicking the right button on the taskbar (bottom panel).
- Click the tab "Autoload" .
- Click on the right mouse button right and select item. "Disable" .
Obviously, getting rid of unnecessary programs in the autoloader does not require much difficulty and knowledge. Therefore, use the information obtained to optimize Windows 10 OS.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem. Describe what you did not work.
Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
How to disable autorun some programs in Windows 10?
How to remove autorun programs on windows 10?
For many it is no secret that the fewer programs are loaded when the operating system is loaded, the faster it is loaded and goes into the working condition. Therefore, it makes sense to periodically check and monitor the list of autoloads so that your system does not lose speed. Since often many applications after installation prescribe themselves into autoload without your knowledge.
Where to see programs that are downloaded with Windows 10?
Some users of personal computers must remember that since the time of Windows 95 the complete list of autoloads was pretty far away and it was not easy to get to it.
Starting with Windows 8, the operations to disconnect the autorun programs developers are significantly simplified. Now it is right in the Task Manager on a separate tab called " Bus load ".
How to remove the program from the autorun in Windows 10?
To do this, it is enough to call a task manager by any way known to you. For example, by pressing the key combination " Ctrl "+" Alt. "+" Del. "And in the menu that opens" Task Manager ".
Running task manager via key combination
Either right-click on any free space of the taskbar and the Select menu that opens. Task Manager ".
Start Task Manager through Taskbar
After that, the dispatcher window will open where you need to click the button " More details "In the lower left corner, if it has opened in a simplified form and go to the tab" Bus load ".
Enabling the extended type of task dispatcher
Here you will see a complete list of programs that can be turned off. To do this, select the program you disabled with the click of the left mouse button and click the button. Disable "In the lower right corner of the task manager.
Disable the autorun program in Windows 10
Immediately after this, the program you chose will be removed from the autorun and will not be launched automatically when the Windows 10 operating system is loaded.
As a rule, many programs add themselves to autoload automatically, without user demand. And find the cherished tick in the parameters of the program itself - it is extremely not easy ... 👀
In this article, I will consider the steps to configure the startup in the "new-fashioned" Windows 10 (I think it will be quite useful to everyone who only installed this OS).
How to delete a program from autoload
Option number 1
The easiest and fastest way - to take advantage Task Manager . In order to open it - press the key combination Ctrl + SHIFT + ESC Or simply click right-click on the Start - and open the link of the same name (see screen below).
In Task Manager, you need to open the section "Autoload" . In the list of represented programs - select the one you want to remove from the startup. Then simply click on it right-click, and click "Disable" .
Note: Disconnected program (in this way), the next time you start Windows, should not be loaded ...
Option number 2.
In my opinion, delete, and in general, to monitor the autoload is much easier and more convenient with the help of specials. Utilities - Iobit Uninstaller .
What is the main advantage of it: as soon as some program adds itself to the Windows autoload (for example, when installing software) - you will immediately find out about it: the warning window will pop up in the right corner of the screen.
In addition, many actions it can do in the "forced" order (if the same Windows conductor refuses to do).
The program allows you to delete "full" and without remnants of any software in your Windows OS (even one that is not deleted).
It also greatly monitors the autoload and tells you about all the programs added there. In general, an indispensable thing.
To delete a program from autoloading in Iobit Uninstaller: Open the section "Win Manager / Autostask" , then just click on the status of the program - it will change: Included / Disabled . See Screenshot below. 👇
By the way!
Instead of Iobit Uninstaller, you can choose something more powerful (which will allow you to manage the autoload of services, modules, drivers and other system components). It is not necessary for everyone, but still ...
👉 Utilities for configuring autoloading: Autoruns, Process Lasso, Anvir Task Manager, Autorun Organizer, etc.
Option number 3: For programs that are not in the autoload list 👀
If the two ways have not helped you find the program that starts with Windows - it is possible that it starts the task scheduler (there is such a thing in Windows ☝).
To open the task scheduler - click Win + R. and in the window that appears "Run" Enter the command Control Schedtasks. .
It needs to look at the list of tasks: find the desired one (which indicates the desired program), click on it right-click and in the menu that appears, disable it (or delete it at all, see the screen below 👇).
How to add a program to autoload
In Windows 10 there are several ways to add a program to autoload. The most comfortable (and effective!) In my opinion, the following ways are:
- through the local / common starter folder;
- Through the task scheduler.
Other methods (for example, the same creation of string parameters in the registry) - is not triggered from each user.
And so, consider in order these two options ...
Option number 1: Through the local / common starter folder
First click Win + R. Enter the command:
- or Shell: startup. (If autorun is only needed for the current user. Note: Local Folder Startup);
- or Shell: Common Startup (If autorun is needed for all Windows users. Note: Total autoload).
You must open the folder you selected. Now just transfer (or copy) by holding the right mouse button, the icon from the desktop to this folder (see Screenshot below).
Actually, if the icon was copied to the startup folder - the next time you start Windows, this program will be launched. The easiest and fastest way.
Option number 2: Through job scheduler
And now imagine not a trivial task: you need to run automatically the program is not immediately, after booting Windows, but let's say in a minute or two after switching on. How do you? ☝
Well, or assume that the startup folder does not help you run the desired software (which is unlikely, but perhaps).
To solve such tasks - there is in Windows task Scheduler where you can specify a lot of conditions under which the program will be launched, and at which - closed ...
How to open a task scheduler:
- Press Win + R. ;
- Enter the command Control Schedtasks. ;
- Press ENTER.
How to create a task: Start the program when booting Windows
In the task scheduler, on the right, there is a section "Actions" - You need to press the button "Create a task ..." (as on the screen below 👇).
Next first need to open the tab. "Triggers" Click on the button "Create" And appoint a task (for example, "when entering the system"). Do not forget to put the task to execute any user (see Screenshot below 👇).
Then, open the tab "Actions" : Press the button "Create" , in line "Act" Select "Running program" , And specify which specifically the program to run when you start Windows (see the arrow-4 on the screen below 👇).
Well, last: you can open tabs "Conditions" and "Parameters" and indicate which options Run / stop Your program.
After all the settings, save the task and restart the computer. The added program will be run automatically (and the conditions that you specify, i.e. can be configured by "yourself").
Actually, I have everything on it.
I think these ways are more than enough to work with the startup of Windows 10 ...
Before disconnecting the processes that download the RAM memory, it is necessary to understand which of them do not belong to the OS itself. Disconnect the processes of only those programs that you installed yourself and with respect to which you are confident that they are not mandatory.
- To start the task manager simultaneously press the [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [ESC] keys.
- Click the "Startup" tab at the top, here you will find all programs that run along with Windows.
- Select the desired process using the mouse and click the "Disable" button in the lower right corner.
Windows 10: Turn off the autorun
Full removal from autoload
Alternatively, deactivation to disable the autorun program completely, you can completely delete the autorun entries. However, as a rule, this is useful only if the process cannot be disconnected by the method described above.
- First, follow the instructions above and open the task manager.
- Click the Processes tab and close the appropriate process.
- Now you can delete an entry using the free CCleaner cleaning tool.
- Run CCleaner and go to "Run" in the "Tools" section on the left.
- Select the desired autorun recording and click the Delete button on the right.
CCleaner: We delete a program from autorun
Adding programs to Windows 10 autoload
If some program you use very often, then, as a rule, you can install in its settings so that it automatically started with Windows. If the software does not offer such a function, you can configure autorun manually.
- At the same time, press the [WIN] and [R] keys to open the "Run" window.
- Enter the Shell: Startup command (without quotes and space) and click "OK". After that, the startup folder opens.
- Insert all the files or programs you want to open when Windows startup.
Tip: For programs, it is better to create a shortcut in advance on the desktop in order to insert only this shortcut in the startup folder.
Windows 10: Using Autorun
With this iron your PC will start in seconds
The more programs you remove from autorun, the faster your computer is loaded. However, the download process can be significantly faster with the "right" equipment. It is mainly reduced to a rapid hard disk and a powerful processor.
- For this reason, it makes sense to invest in a modern SSD drive. It works much faster than ordinary hard drives, and it accelerates the work of your PC in almost all operations.
- In addition, there are many laptops that are already integrated SSD and a powerful processor. See examples in our current rating.
A photo: Manufacturers companies
As new programs are installed, the computer may slow down. One of the reasons is a large number of utilities in the autorun list, which take the device resources. Today we consider what the startup is, as well as how to optimize it so that the resources are not wondering.
Autoload: What is this option and what is useful
The autorun option program implies the opening utilities for further work in them immediately after the computer is turned on, in particular, Windows. There is a list of programs for autoload. The user is entitled to edit it: add and remove unnecessary utilities. Automatic application enabled mode will save you from searching for shortcuts on the "Desktop" to launch programs: You have included your computer device and you can immediately work in the desired utility.
It is important to know that a considerable amount of utilities in the autoload has adversely affects the performance of the operating system: the utilities included in the list continue to function in the background after autorun and load a central processor. As a result, the device works slowly, especially if it has weak technical characteristics.
Thus, it is not recommended to include a lot of utilities: no more than 7. There will be only antivirus with a mandatory point. All other programs you choose yourself. For example, if you work constantly on the Internet, put your favorite browser to autoload.
How to disable autorun utilities in Windows 10 or remove excess software from there
Startup is a useful option, but sometimes, as we have noted above, users face and with its minuses. The problems may not appear by the human fault: often when installing the utility is turned on automatically into the autorun list without the user's knowledge, even if there is no need. As a result, even a new computer begins to hob.
How to be in such a situation? You will not be able to turn off completely autoload. In this case, only unnecessary programs are removed by any way in the way that the list becomes much smaller.
Through the "Task Manager"
In the "Task Manager" you can not only complete the program processes, but also configure your autorun list. What exactly needs to be done in this window?
- In Windows 10, "Task Manager" can be quickly running through the "Taskbar" (the bottom line on the computer screen on which the open program icons and the Start button are located). Click on the Icked Field on the "taskbar" of the right mouse button and make a choice in favor of the "Task Manager" in the context menu.
- You can open this window and classically: Hold the CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE key combination and select Task Manager in the New Screen.
- The dispatcher window will have several tabs. As you already guessed, we need a section "Autoload".
- Click on the "Status" column to streamline the list with utilities - it will be convenient to work with it.
- Look at the applications that are included in the autoload. Find those that you do not need. Alternately select them with the left mouse button, and then click on the button "Disable", located at the bottom of the window. If you want to deactivate all applications in this list, repeat the procedure for all items, except for the antivirus, as it should start working immediately after Windows startup.
- Close the Task Manager and restart the device.
Video: How to remove programs from the list for autorun using "Task Manager"
Using the registry editor
You can configure a list with autorun utility. You can not only through the "Task Manager" usually, but even by the window called the registry editor. Even newcomers, who have not previously known about the existence of this important embedded service will be cope with this procedure. Consider everything step by step.
- To display the Registry Editor, press the two keys at the same time on the screen: Win (the Windows icon button) and R.
- A small window "Run" opens. It will be one line "Open". We enter here the REGEDIT command. Now click on OK or press the Enter on the keyboard.
- Click on the left button "Yes" to resolve the "Registry Editor" to make changes on this computer.
- The editor window is divided into two parts. We will look for the folder you need with the files in the left domain where the tree structure is located.
- First, alternately, open the following sections: HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Microsoft - Windows - CurrentVersion - Run.
- As a result, you will see a list of files that are responsible for the autorun of individual applications on the device. As a rule, the name of these files is the name of the utility, so it will easily determine which items must be deleted.
- To remove the application from the list, for example, Vistart or CCleaner, click on it right-click to call a small menu with options. In it already choose "Delete".
- Click on "Yes" to confirm the deletion of the file from the registry. Do not worry: it will not lead to a failure in the system. You just turn off the start of the utility.
Using the "Startup" folder on the system disk
The folder in which the list of programs for autoloading is located on the system disk. To do not look for a long time in the Windows Explorer, we offer to use a quick way that will help immediately display the desired section. So what you need to take:
- On your keyboard, press and hold two keys for a couple of seconds: Win and R. The already familiar "Run" window will open, with which we started the registry editor.
- In the "Open" field we write the following: Shell: startup. In order not to make a mistake in a team, it is better to copy it, and then insert it into the string using the context menu that is called right-click.
- As a result, the Windows Explorer will start, in particular, the "Auto-loading" folder.
- To remove a unnecessary application from the list, click on it right-click to appear the list of options. In it already click on the "Delete" item, which is closer to the end.
This method has a big minus: this folder displays not all applications that stand in the "Auto-site" mode are displayed. Thus, you will not be able to fully edit the list of utilities.
Removal with the "job scheduler"
You can optimize the list of utilities for autorun along with Windows loading using another embedded operating system service: "job scheduler". How to open it and what to do in his window?
- Open the Search section on the taskbar. It will be with a magnifying glass to the right of the "Start" button.
- If there is no such icon, turn it on: right-click on the "taskbar" and select "Search" in the context menu, and then the "show search icon" value.
- In the string, enter the query scheduler request. In the results, it will immediately appear. Open it with the left mouse button.
- In the service window, open the job scheduler library.
- In the middle of the window there will be a list. Find in it an unnecessary program. Click on the left mouse button on it to highlight, and then click on "Delete" or "Disable" in the right third part of the screen. Be careful, since here you can disable the launch of important processes.
Install special programs
You can clean the autoload list not only at the expense of Windows built-in tools, but also with a special software. Today we consider for example two simple and efficient utilities: CCleaner and Autorun Organizer.
CCleaner: Just and quickly remove the programs from the autorun
The CCleaner utility is a universal assistant to optimize Windows from the Piriform developer. The main function is the cleansing of hard drives from the "garbage" files that accumulate over time and begin to brake the operation of the device. With this tool, you can easily and easily edit a list with autorun programs. Use the following instructions to remove the extra utilities from the list:
- Download the utility from the official site. Install the program by following simply prompts of the installation wizard.
- Run the application using a shortcut on the "desktop".
- Go to the "Service" section, and then into the "Auto-loading" tab. In the Windows block, a list with programs that open with the start of the device will appear.
- Select the left mouse button unnecessary utility in the list. Then click on the blue button "Turn off" or "Delete". Repeat this action for each application you want to remove.
Videos: How to disable bus failload using CCleaner
Autorun ORGANIZER: Easy in circulation Manager autoload
Unlike CCleaner, this tool developed by Chemtable Software is intended only for managing the list of autoload. This is his main function: it does not clean discs. Nevertheless, the utility copes with its tasks with its tasks: Even if the program itself will re-turn on the list for autorun, Autorun immediately turns it off.
Minus utilities are that during installation it is proposed to install additional software: Yandex.Browser and other related products from this company. However, you can refuse to install these programs by simply removing the checkbox from the items.
Now consider where you can download this autoload manager, as well as how to work in its window.
- First download the utility installer from the official source. Run it and install the program, follow the simple instructions in the window.
- After installation, the Autorun ORGANIZER window opens. It will have a list of services and programs that run along with Windows. The utility immediately optimizes the time of downloading all objects: some programs are started immediately, and some at a certain period of time. To disable the launch of a specific program, find it in the list. For example, take CCleaner. Click on the program with the left mouse button.
- At the bottom of the window under the list in the "Details of the Program" tab, you will see many options. You can turn off the utility for a while. To do this, simply check the box next to the corresponding item. If you want to postpone the launch of programs, select the time using the drop-down menu. If you want to remove the utility from the list, click on "Delete".
In the program itself
Often the utilities themselves include themselves back to the autorun list after a while after you removed them with any of the above methods (except for Autorun Organizer, since the program strictly follows it). To exclude them to re-enter the list, turn off the startup option in the utility itself along with the OS. Usually in each program there is a "Run automatically from Windows".
Consider the procedure on the example of one of the popular download managers and the media player in one tool called MediaGet.
- Open MediaGet using a shortcut on the "Desktop" or in the Start menu.
- In the upper right corner, find a small icon in the form of a gear.
- Click on it to open the menu. Now click "Settings" to open a section with parameters.
- You will immediately go to the "Basic" tab.
- In this tab in the "System" block, find the item "Start with Windows".
- Uncheck off it so that in the future the program does not work in the background immediately after Windows startup.
- Press the left mouse button on the green button OK so that the changes entered into force.
You can go to the settings of each program separately and turn off the start option along with Windows to remove them from the list finally.
If on the startup, along with Windows, there are many unnecessary utilities to you, you need to clean the list: remove all programs that you do not use, as they take away the precious system resources of the computer. You can do this, both using standard Windows tools and by special utilities, such as CCleaner and Autorun Organizer. If you notice that the program is re-added to the list, disable the option "Start with Windows" already directly in its settings.Rate article:
(6 votes, average: 4.8 out of 5)Share with friends!
How to remove applications from WINDOVS 10
Sooner or later, every person who uses a computer is faced with the fact that when the device is turned on, both certain programs are automatically loaded. Most often it does not cause special discomfort, but if a huge number of programs is launched, it can have a negative impact on the speed of the computer. That is why there may be a question how to get rid of autoload. In general, for the Windows system, the procedure for actions is quite the same type, but for version 10 there are special ways, they will be discussed.
What is the autoload in the Windows operating system
To overcome the enemy, it is important to understand what he represents. Points in the forwarding list are programs that are activated each time the computer is launched. They can benefit, for example, messengers or antiviruses, and vice versa, add a lot of trouble and harm.
For Windows 10, there are ways to eliminate applications from autoload
Programs provided for autoloading can be deleted or added independently. But most often interests how to remove applications from WINDOVS 10 autoload.
Note! If programs that have not been completed before turning off the computer, are included at the beginning of the next start, they are not frequencies of the autoload list.
How to delete a program from autoloading in Windows 10
A number of sufficiently simple paths leading to the elimination of autorun applications are now known.
Liquidation of programs using task manager
One of the first ways is to eliminate the task manager. You can resort to it if the question arose how to remove unnecessary Windows 10 programs from the autoload. In order to start the task manager using the right mouse button, you need to click on the "Start" and select the appropriate item. Or you can click on the CTRL, SHIFT and ESC on the keyboard. Next, in the window that appears, select the "More" button, then the "Autoload" item.
The selected area will display a list of items. These are autoload files for the current user. By right-clicking on any of the programs, you can:
- Enable or disable its download,
- Find information about it on the Internet,
- Open its location.
Among other things, it also has the opportunity to find out how much it affects the duration of the system loading system as a whole each program. This information is displayed in the "Start Effect" column.
Section "Auto Tap" in Task Manager
Disabling unnecessary applications using task scheduler
With Windows 10 modifications, which was released in the spring of 2018, it was possible to disable unnecessary applications from the autoload list. To view a list of autoloading in this way, you need to click on the "Settings" folder on the folder icon. Next select "Applications", after the "Auto-loading" item.
Additional Information! In contrast to the task manager, in this case, it will be possible only to disabling or enabling the activation of the program.
Clear Folder Startup on Windows 10
If all previous ways did not give results, you can use another one. The autoload folder is possible to find "manually", but for many this path will be too long. For a faster search, you can use this route: C - Go to Users - Select username then - roaming - Switch to Microsoft, Windows, Start Menu, and in the crook - Programs and Startup.
Either it is even easier to go: you need to hold the Win and R key at the same time, then in the window that appears you need to register in the "Run" Shell: Startup and click OK button. Further, the "Auto-loading" folder will immediately appear on the screen.
To turn it off, it is necessary to clean the folder from unnecessary items in any convenient way. To activate automatic download, you must move the shortcut of the desired program to this folder.
Registry Editor or Registry Editor is one of the basic applications in Windows 10, it serves to enter various corrections in the registry.
You can start the registry editor with a one-time clamping of the Win button and the R button, then in the "Run" section to register the word regedit and click on the OK button. After starting the editor, you must follow the path of HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Currentversion \ Run, go to the appropriate folder.
All available folders are displayed in the column in the left side. The right-hand part of the registry editor displays a list of independent programs. To remove any of the items, you must click on it using the right mouse button.
Registry editor. Section of autorun
In the case, when you need to enter the point in the autorun list, you must click on any free point in the right half of the registry editor, then specify the word "Create", then the "string parameter". The name of this item and the path to the executable file will need to be designated in the window that opens.
Remove autoloads using additional programs
If the options described above did not benefit, it is possible to apply special programs. Two software - CCleaner and UninstallTool were more popular and convenient.
How to delete applications from autoloading in Windows 10 with CCleaner program
It is not necessary to pay for the use of CCleaner, and it is easy to use. After downloading, you must select "Autoload" in the service item. The window will also display a list for which the autorun is provided, the removal of any item is available using the keys located on the left.
How to delete programs from autoloading with UninstallTool program
The principle of working with UninstallTool is similar to CCleaner. After starting the program, you need to go to the "Autostask" tab. The window on the right will be displayed what can be disabled in Windows 10 in the autoload. When you click on any of the list items, a window will appear in which it will be available to shut down the startup of this program. Among other things, UninstallTool makes it possible to find out the location of the file and the details of it by finding data through Google.
But there are situations when it is impossible to install various programs. In such conditions, you can apply to disable autoruns auto-loading processes from Microsoft SysiNternals. Thanks to this program, it is possible to obtain information about everything that runs when the system starts.
Also, in addition to turning off the program from the startup, you can:
- Find data about any program on the Internet.
- Check the process for viruses.
- Learn the location of the source file.
- Learn the source in which the autorun program is indicated.
However, this method may seem a little more difficult to use, because it displays a lot of processes and does not provide for the translation into Russian.
AUTORUNS program interface
Important! Downloading programs is strongly recommended to produce on official websites. Informal sources do not provide security guarantees for the computer and the lack of harmless software.
Obviously, there is nothing particularly difficult to remove unnecessary files from autoload, especially for this there is not one way. And you can not be afraid that the deletion order in Windows 10 is slightly different from the rest, because the detailed removal instruction will help to easily remove all the restrictions and show how to remove programs from the Windows 10 autorun.
In this article, you will learn what is the startup in Windows 10, where it is and how to configure the autorun programs in Windows 10.
Programs added to autoloads are started immediately after turning on the computer. Autoload allows you to optimize routine operations (for example, starting Skype or antivirus immediately after turning on the computer) and save time. At the same time, in the process of working at a computer, the autoload in Windows 10 can be clogged with unnecessary and even malicious programs that will slow down the system. Therefore, it is useful to know how to delete a program from autoload.
Editing Startup in Task Manager
First of all, you need to get acquainted with the list of autoloads in the Task Manager. In order to open the startup window in the Task Manager in Windows 10, right-click on the Start menu and select "Task Manager".
If you did not enter the task manager, it will open in abbreviated form. In order to display its full view, click the "More details" button.
In the advanced task manager mode, go to the "Startup" tab.
Tip: Also, you can open Task Manager CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combination.
In the currently opened tab, the Task Manager in the Task Manager, you can view the list of all programs that are in the autoload (data is taken from the registry and from the "Auto-loading" service folder), their effect on the download speed of Windows 10 and the start state (enabled or disabled automatic launch of these programs) .
condition Disabled or enabled. Programs configured to start immediately after the start of Windows 10 have the status "on". Accordingly, those programs that should not start immediately after starting have a "disabled" state.
Impact on the download speed It is low and high. A column allows you to understand how autorun the program affects the speed of the operating system. If the program selects a lot of resources when you start Windows, it is better to turn off its startup.
When you press the right-click on the program name, you can:
- Disable autorun programs in Windows 10;
- open the location of the program;
- search for data on the program on the Internet;
- View program startup properties.
Adding a program to Windows 10 autoload
There are three ways to add or delete a program in autoload - adding a program (or program shortcut) to a custom folder, registry editing or task scheduler. Consider all three ways.
Adding a program to autoload through the folder
To Add program to autoload You need to copy the program shortcut you want to run when Windows 10 start to the "Auto-loading" service folder. Where is the "Auto-loading" folder on the computer below.
The location of the Windows 10 autoloader folder for the current user:
C: \ Users \ Username \ APPDATA \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup
The location of the Windows 10 autoloader folder for all computer users:
C: \ PROGRAMDATA \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup
You can also open the folder with the Win + R keys and by following the command. Shell: startup. (See Screenshot below).
Now copy the shortcut of the desired program. In the screenshot, I copied the Skype label.
To Delete a program from startup Just delete it from this folder.
Editing Windows 10 autoloading through the registry
This method of managing the autoload is suitable for more experienced users.
First you need to open the registry editor. Right-click on the Start menu and click "Run".
Tip: You can open the "Run" dialog box with the Win + R keys.
In the window that opens, type the command regedit. and click OK.
For automatic launch of programs in Windows 10, two registry branches are answered:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run - for the current user of the computer;
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run - for all computer users.
In the registry key that opens, let's get into the branch that is responsible for autoloading the current user.
To add a program to autoloading via the registry editor, right-click on an empty place on the right side of the screen and click "Create" - "String Parameter". Enter any name of the parameters, for example, the name of the program you run and specify the path to the executable file.
In the example, in the picture below, I added a string parameter with the name "Notepad" and the path to the executable notepad file C: \ Windows \ NotePad.exe.
Thus, you can add any program to Windows 10 autoload via the registry editor.
Setting up program launch in Windows 10 job scheduler
In order to open the Windows Task Scheduler 10, click on the "Start" menu and start typing "Task Scheduler" as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the program when it appears in the list of found.
Tip: You can start the Win + R keyword scheduler, typing the Askschd.msc command in the window that opens and pressing the OK button.
As a rule, the update commands of various programs are located here, for example, Adobe Flash Player. But, here can also be located and commands to start programs when the computer starts.
Carefully review the programs in this list. You may want to remove some tasks.
For the program to automatically started after the computer started in the job scheduler, click the "Create Task" button.
In the window that opens, specify the name of the task, for example, "Starting notepad when Windows startup".
Next, go to the Triggers tab and specify "run at startup". Thus, the program we indicate will start when Windows startup.
It remains only to specify which program to run at startup. Click the Actions tab and click Create. Click the Overview button and select the desired program. In the picture below in my example, I indicated the program "Notepad". After that, press the "OK" button twice.
Thus, you added a new task in the task scheduler, which runs the program when you start Windows 10.
Video How to add a program to Windows startup
We offer you to see several learning videos in which it is shown in detail how to add a program to autoload.
One of the operating system optimization methods is to disable unnecessary programs from autoloading, which brake Windows 10 at the start. However, it is necessary to remove the program from the autorun and in the case when it is rarely used, but still needed. Therefore, we suggest to consider the topic how to disable the autorun programs in Windows 10 in various ways.
See also: Run the program in hidden mode in Windows 10
Where is the Windows 10 autoloader?
In the Windows operating system 10, the startup forwarder folder is located at: C: \ Users \ Username \ APPDATA \ ROAMING \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup. In this folder you can see which applications use a specific user.
It is important to note that if there are several PC users, respectively, several profiles, then general programs are located in another address, namely: C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup.
You need to take into account these differences, since sometimes the user entered a different profile, cannot remove the program from the autorun, since it does not have rights.
How to add a program in Windows 10 autoload?
In order to add a program to autoloading on Windows 10, you should perform the following steps.
IMPORTANT! Most programs are automatically added to WINDOVS 10 autoload.
- Click "Win + R" and introduce "Shell: startup".
- A new window will open, or rather, the system will redirect you to the "Auto-loading" folder. Climbing the left mouse button, you need to drag the program shortcut here, which you want to add to autoload. Call options and choose "Create a shortcut".
- The program is added to the autorun.
Also, by pressing the right mouse button on an empty place in the "Startup" folder and by selecting "Create", "Label", you can specify the path to the EXE file program. Thus, it will also be added to autoload.
To remove programs from autorun, ways will be different. Unable to delete just a shortcut and the program will disappear from the Windows 10 autoload.
Also, if you want, when you turn on the computer, some kind of program starts, it is worth the adjustments to the system registry. We carry out the following:
- Click "Win + R" and introduce "Regedit".
- The registry editor opens. Go on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run branch if we want to add a program to your profile or a branch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run" to add software for everyone. Right-click on your empty place and choose "Create", "String Parameter".
- Enter the Explorer value "https://softikbox.com" to add our site to autoload (instead of the link you can add a program).
- We save the result and reboot the system. We check whether the resource opens when the system starts.
See also: How to assign a deferred start application in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
How to delete an application from the Windows 10 autoload?
Methods, how to remove the program from autoload, for example, Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 or any other, several. Consider them in more detail.
Method number 1. Using the section Configuration section
To remove the program from the startup, you should call the "system configuration properties". To do this, carry out the following:
- Click "Win + R" and enter "msconfig". Or call "Task Manager" and select the "Auto-loading" tab.
- We find unnecessary applications in Windows autoload. Click on each separate software and click "Disable".
In this way, you can disable a dozen Windows 10 programs.
Method number 2. We use the task scheduler
To disable Windows 10's autorun programs using the task scheduler, you should perform the following steps:
- Click "Win + R" and enter "MSC".
- The "Task Scheduler" opens. Choose the "Planner Library". We find the task of a specific program. Press it right-click on it and choose deletion.
You can also delete the Skype program from autoload using the CCleaner program. By running it on your PC, you need to choose the "Service" section, and then "autoload".
Choosing a program, click "Delete". The program will be removed from the startup.
It is important to note that it is possible to remove the excess software from the autoload, by using other cleaners. However, CCleaner allows you to safely remove Skype or any other program from autoload.
The performance of the computer running Windows 10 operating system is as well as "seven" or "eights" depends on many factors. Not the last role in the speed of our devices is played by the number and voyage of programs located in the autoload. Startup optimization in Windows 10 - This is what can at least speed up the operation of the operating system.
The fact is that, as a rule, immediately after the Windows startup, it starts on our computer and starts working at idle a lot of third-party programs. Some of them are really necessary and important, and they should be kept in autorun. However, most programs unambiguously stand from there to remove. Well, suggest yourself, why do you need, for example, autorun Adobe Reader or any other program that you are not a fact that you will use? And they start. And spend the valuable resources of the computer only to ensure that it is necessary to run a little faster if necessary.
When there are several such programs, it is unlikely to slow down your system. And if there are more than a dozen? This is especially the actual problem for computer owners with a pre-installed manufacturer of Windows 10 (or other OS). As a rule, along with the operating system at the factory, a variety of programs are installed in your computer, which will most likely never need: trial versions of antiviruses, graphic and text editors, audio and video players, etc. Most of them manage to attribute themselves in autoload. It turns out, while we do not use them at all, they devour the valuable resources of our computer (first of all, the RAM). And from this, our computer is started, and it works more slowly.
So, let's understand How to disable autorun programs in Windows 10 . If in Windows 7 for this through the "Start" menu it was necessary to find and run the msconfig utility, then the "Tens" tab of the Auto-site is located in the many "task dispatcher".
Where is the autorun in Windows 10
First you need to open the "Task Manager". The easiest way to do this by clicking the right key on the Start menu and selecting the item with the appropriate name (at the moment it is 7 below).
You can also open it like this: Press the combination of three keys "Ctrl + Alt + Del". Then in the window that opens, select the Task Manager item.
By default, in Windows 10, the task manager opens in a turning form, where you can observe only what programs are explicitly working. In order to look more information, you need to click "more".
After that, go to the "Auto-loading" tab and look at which programs we have, how many of them. And then we decide which ones we can painlessly turn off from the startup.
To disable the program from the startup, you need to click on it with the mouse, and then in the lower right corner click "Disable".
I will reveal the secret: Even if you disable all programs from autorun your operating system will start perfectly. And then you can already launch those programs that you need.
For example, in my autorun on the computer there are only two programs. This is an automatic Punto Switcher keyboard layout switch from Yandex and ONEDRIVE cloud storage. All! More is nothing superfluous.
Solving which programs can be turned off in autoload, consider how often you use them. If every day, and not one time, it is better to leave them, and if you rarely - well, you know.
Why do you need autoloading programs in Windows
The fact is that there are programs there for that if necessary, they were able to start faster. They work in the background constantly. If for Skype or Torrent, you can justify you to justify what you need, so that they work always, what is there, for example, makes the Office software package I am more complicated.
For those who have installed the operating system from scratch, the problem of a large number of programs in the autoload is practically not worth it. Basically, it concerns those who have Windows 10 (or another version) was pre-installed by the manufacturer. At the factory on the computer, in addition to Windows, dozens of different programs are installed, which may never be needed. Many of them are prescribed by default in autoload. Removing them from there, you can notice the acceleration of your computer and thereby Optimize the work of Windows 10 .
Adding programs to autoload
Immediately, just in case, I will tell you how to add the necessary programs to autoload. (It happens very convenient. For example, I somehow tried to add your main browser to the startup. Google Chrome started myself immediately after downloading Windows 10.)
The easiest way to add a program to autoload - through the settings of the corresponding program. But not always this method works. This case has a universal option working with any applications:
- Open the "Run" dialog box with a key combination Win + R. .
- After that we write there: Shell: startup. (or Shell: Common Startup - If you need to add a program at once to multiple Windows users). Press OK .
The "Auto-loading" folder opens. Most likely, there will already be labels of programs loaded with the system. To add a new program to autorun it is necessary:
- Press the right key to an empty place in the folder.
- Select "Create" - "Label" in the menu.
- Press "Review" and through the conductor to find the program you need. Usually all programs are on the disk with the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders.
P.S.: Often the problem occurs when some program starts, but it is not in the startup. Read more about ways to find a solution to this issue. Read here , on my new website Wi10.ru.